- Type: temporary exhibition
- Year: 2022
- Institution: Museum of Humor and Satire
- Location: Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- Topic: art, humor, jokes, history
- Tasks: exhibition design, graphic design
The exhibition “How Gabrovo Became а Capital of Humor” was created in 2022 for the 50th anniversary of the Museum of Humor and Satire. It tells the story of the famous spirit of Gabrovo which made the town renowned for its humor, stinginess and wits. Using the legacy of the original hall with jokes created by Boris Dimovski in the 1980s, the exhibition introduces the visitor to the atmosphere of Gabrovo from the early 20th century and the first festivities in the city including the famous Gabrovo Carnival. The second part of the exhibition presents the famous Gabrovo Anecdotes from the book of the same name in a series of illustrations, interactive elements, original cartoons and a kinetic installation. The last part summarizes the history of the House of Humor and Satire in Gabrovo – a unique institution with an international profile and mission to collect and present the humorous art of all people.
The project is realized by the Museum of Humor and Satire with the financial support of the Ministry of Culture, PRECIZ-SK, AMK Ltd. Gabrovo, Nikolinka Hinkova, Plam Plast Ltd, Tartei Consult Ltd, Kaloyan Ivanov.
- Research and consultants: Stefka Vasileva, Elena Nikolova, Galina Boneva, Anna Balanska, Ivo Milev, Tatyana Tsankova
- Texts: Margarita Dorovska
- Translation: Traci Speed, Nevena Ekimova
- Exhibition design: Martina Deneva, Elena Nikolova
- Graphic design: Martina Deneva
- Animations and video: Studio Four Plus, Ivo Balev, Anton Velev, Georgi Naldzhiev, Tatyana Tsankova
- Cartoon illustrations: Hristo Komarnitski
- Production: Dimka Koleva, Elena Nikolova, Nevena Ekimova, Dragomila Doykin, eng. Petyo Yordanov, Ivan Minchev
- Construction: Valentin Petrov 2004 Ltd.
- Furniture: Smart Design Plus Ltd.
- Print materials: Visart Ltd.
- Lighting: Altronics Light Ltd.